Monday, January 16, 2012

New Years Resolutions


Ok, I know it's already halfway through the first month of the new year, but hey, new year resolutions are important so I had to think about mine for a bit. I have never really laid down new year resolutions for myself in the past, they've always just floated around in my head as a possibility, an "I should try to do that" kind of a thing. And you can bet what happened...nothing. I wasn't sure I wanted to do them this year, it felt like too much commitment, why can't I just roll with the punches? But almost everyone makes resolutions. Why? Well here's what I think...

First of all, people like to have a goal, something positive to work towards. That's a great thing! Goals keep us motivated and on track and in control. The new year is a fresh start, when could be a better time to give your own life a face-lift? I also think a lot of it has to do with tradition and culture, and the fact that everyone does it. I realized a lot of my friends go to measures of writing down their resolutions and posting them on the refrigerator or bedroom door and yet the next day...they walk straight past it. Don't put in the effort of setting yearly goals if your not even going to take note of them.

I'm not sure if I like the idea. I'm all for improving lifestyle and making goals for yourself, don't get me wrong. I just feel that a lot it has become...commercialized. I'm a pretty spontaneous person, I like to adapt as I go, I see something I'd like to try, try it, drive by a girl running and say yeah I really should be doing that. lol

Maybe I don't like the idea of new year resolutions just because I don't trust myself to complete them considering I haven't in the past. I've also heard a lot of people saying that they don't like resolutions because they think they will disappoint themselves and others...if it leads to that misery, why even go down that road. The fact is that resolutions are pretty much personal, you make chose to share them, but when it comes down to it, they are for YOU. Who will care if you complete them or not? (Different story if you're doing them to impress) It's definitely not because I can't think of them...my life is far from perfect and could use a good lot of resolutions. Motivation? Well, depends for what. I guess that could be part of the problem. Have you noticed it's so much easier to work out when you have a buddy to help push you along? (where are you V when I need you? ;p)

Well here we go, I am going to document some of the things I'd LIKE to make my resolutions, but I'm not promising anything. (This post might be deleted in about a week if it ends up disastrous ;p).

1. Exercise every day of the week (weekends off). V, let's make a new schedule for ourselves (and post a workout play list on here!! <--genius idea ;P)
2. Start skating again...even just once a week!
3. Get into this program at the place I ride and get hired!!
4. Save money...my travelling will definitely be become less this year so hopefully this is a possibility.
5. Keep my room clean!!
6. Take time to pamper myself.
7. Become an expert cookie decorator! (and maybe start a site to sell them!)
8. Go visit V!! <3
9. Post on this blog at least twice a week.
10. Start working toward my future and a future with the boy and become more open with it to my family and his.

and lastly...

11. Continue working toward become an INDEPENDENT WOMAN.

Well, let's concentrate on ourselves this year ladies, let's make ourselves happy before anyone else. And if that includes moving forward with a special someone that's great. The important part is to base your decisions in life on your own happiness, don't try to please someone and make yourself miserable. It's a new year and fresh start. I can't wait to go on this journey with all of you. Cheers!

XoXo

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment