Sunday, January 8, 2012

Beauty Regime's

Okay, so writing about a beauty regime was M's idea....okay so here is mine. Italicized is M's.
  • I use proactive I don't use the three piece system I only use the face & body wash, its in a big bottle which lasts many months and I apply the proactive green tea moisturiser. That's all I use to cleanse, morning and night in the shower. It has this minty feel after or something, your skin feels so refreshed! I love this product! Been using it for three years now! I did use proactive also for a time, but it didn't help my skin much, dried it out in places and just didn't help the acne in others, everyone's skin type is different so experiment and see works best for you. I use Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub for my face in the shower each night (I found using it twice a day really dried out my skin). It definitely gives you that fresh minty feel and gently exfoliates. In the morning I do a light wash with a light facial soup and add moisturizer. ~M
  • I use the product "whiteglo for models", its so cheap its around $10 in the chemist and comes in a packet with the toothbrush and toothpaste. The toothbrushes are so soft, and amazing if you try them you'll know what I mean. I also don't drink coffee hardly ever, but if I eat or drink foods which can stain my teeth I always chew some "extra" gum so my teeth stay white. For our American readers, I've heard good things about Crest whitening treatments that you can get from your local pharmacy, although I haven't tried them myself. Unfortunately I use extra fluoride cavity protection toothpaste rather than whitening so I'm not an expert in that field either, since I have cavity prone teeth. If you are willing to spend the money, the whitening kits that your dentist put together for you work great...planning to have mine done as soon as I get my next appointment. ~M
  • I wear a retainer as I used to have braces, anyone who uses a retainer place your retainers in water with steradent tablets for dentures, they'll be brand new if you do this!
  • I never ever! Go to sleep with makeup on to avoid a breakout! I don't care how tired I am I will force myself to get up and wash my face! This also applies to brushing your teeth, don't make a habit, unless you don't want your teeth later in life!
  • I don't drink often. Drinking alcohol also can make you break out more, alcohol also has a lot of calories, and when your hungover the next day its hard to work it off when you're feeling sick. Try to limit your drinking, your liver, skin, complexion and wallet will be much happier!
  • I use a good body wash, at the moment I'm using pamolive shea butter, its better than cake soaps. Cake soaps make your skin feel dry and sticky. Also a massive pump bottle will last longer! I use Victoria's Secret's Seduction body wash, yes...oh la la, but it smells so lovely and fresh, rich at the same time! It's great, I have a problem with things drying out my skin but this has been great so far, smooth and silky! Shea butter is ALWAYS good though! ~M
  • I exfoliate! With a body scrub! YES! Also, before I put on lipstick when I wear it, i get a warm wash cloth (not the rough kind, like a small towel) and gently exfoliate my lips! I know, sounded strange to me at first also, but it helps get rid of those annoying bits of skin and makes your lips a lot smoother..especially for those of you that have bad habits of picking your lips (which you should stop right away!) or dry lips. Make sure you ALWAYS add a moisturizing balm before and after your lip color! ~M
  • I use the body shop's honey and oat face mask and the seaweed mask they have too. I don't use them often, just whenever I feel like giving my skin a treat and relaxing!
  • I try and drink at least 2L of water a day, I carry a 1L bottle around me all day, at work, at home, in my bedroom, its good to keep hydrated! I really need to do this, next thing on my shopping list...a pretty water bottle ;) ~M
  • Eat healthy food! You can't expect the exercise you've been doing to work if you haven't been eating the right food. Food and exercise go hand in hand. Grapes are supposed to help your skin! Fruits and veggies always good. It's hard, but I've heard eating red meat once a week is the best way to go! Still gives you the protein without to much excess calories. A balanced diet is the key!
  • Have sufficient sleep, it makes an amazing difference to your day!
  • Use sunscreen! Please don't fry your self in the sun with tanning oils, do it yourself spray tans are much safer. ~M
  • When I straighten or use heat near my hair I always use a heat protective spray in my hair. I used to use a leave in conditioner also, works too! But I do need to get a protective spray. ~M
  • To avoid frizzy hair, after shampooing, I ring the water out of my hair and apply conditioner and leave in for a few minutes before rinsing. YUP! ~M
  • Just another side note about what makeup I wear everyday. I NEVER use liquid foundation. I've tried lots, too cakey for me. I started using Victoria's Secret Tinted Moisturizer in light. Gave a great color and glow to my skin without feeling heavy. Doesn't give the coverage but definitely something I recommend. So much more airy and healthy for your skin. ~M
Well thats all I can think of
~V & M

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Love the ideas ladies :D
    I use extra virgin olive oil to take off make up, its natural and cheap, a big bottle will last you like literally years hehe. I'm really cheap, but I LOVE vaseline, it really does wonders...calloused feet..dry lips...removing eyemakeup as well, or fixing eye make up by putting a lil on an ear bud and scraping away the excess. :D Thanks for the lovely post, I'm inspired, I think I'll link a post to you guys and write my own ideas hehe :D

    Lotsa love,

    Lariana
    www.islandmeetscity.com

    ReplyDelete