Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cookie Decorating





Yup! My new stress relieving hobby... Decorating sugar cookies (well technically you could decorate any kind of cookie but traditionally it's a delicious buttery cookie full of sugar). Over the past month or so I have collected over 150 cookie cutters and supplies such as piping icing tips, special icing coloring, sprinkles, and shimmer dusts. I love decorating the cookies. I never realized how much practice and skill it took. 

Take a look at these amazing sunflower cookies by The Sweet Sugar Belle...
Check out her blog, it's absolutely amazing, and she's one of my favorite cookie bloggers!

I hope I can decorate like her someday! It has been amazing how stress relieving this art is...and the tastiest form of art ever! I recommend you all to try it, start from the basics. The snowmen and snowflakes above were my second go at it and I've already learnt so much. I love the snowmen! Here are a couple of my favorite...





Cuties :) and definitely not perfect yet. 

If any of interested HERE is the recipe I use for the sugar cookie again by the Sweet Sugar Belle.

And HERE is the recipe I use for the Royal Icing from Bake at 350 another amazing blog to visit! (There are lots of different kinds of icing...I like Royal Icing because it doesn't take away taste from the cookie...the focus is on the cookie not on the icing. If you wanted a more flavorful icing you might use Buttercream Icing.) 

Enjoy the cookies, sometimes too pretty to eat! And perfect for homemade gifts for whatever occasion. 

Don't like the lighting...ugh haha (first pics are much more realistic ;)


XoXo 
~M

2 comments: