Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wisdom Tooth Removal! Oh no I hate the dentist!!


Hey peeps! So guess where I have to go? Yep the dentist! To have my appointment to take my wisdom teeth out on my left side.

I used to have braces and to get those on, I had to get four teeth out. I have already got my wisdom teeth out on my right side. I had a horrific last experience, the lady forgot to give me the last needle of anesthetic, and my two friends in the waiting room could hear me screaming because my mouth wasnt numb. She just said "Oh my bad, forgot that last needle". Anyway, I have an appointment with a different dentist! Never going there again for sure. When I left, they said I didn't need anything luckily my friends were there to take me home I literally left the surgery holding gauze to my face bleeding from my mouth and non stop all afternoon. It was horrible!

Because I have already experienced getting them out before, I know what to expect. You NEED to prepare before you get them out on the day. With food, pain killers, gauze! Plenty of movies and dvd's!

Here's my list:
Do not eat or drink for as long as you can on the first day after you get them out!
  1. Up and Go drinks - their these breakfast drinks
  2. Never drink through straws they can rip your stitches out empty those drinks into a cup!
  3. Don't eat or drink on the first day after getting your wisdom teeth out
  4. Mashed potato & gravy
  5. Don't eat food where bits of it can get stuck in your mouth wounds!
  6. A large assortment of DVD's day time TV is not great!
  7. A whole lot of gauze, not repeating the last time with no gauze
  8. Pain killers
  9. Jelly
  10. When you brush your teeth the next day do NOT brush where the wounds are.
  11. On the second day also gargle with salt and water, every time you eat!
  12. custard
If you have any more ideas to add to the list feel free. Wish me luck for my appointment!
~V






No comments:

Post a Comment